• Denver, CO
Votes |
TCS Foreclosures - need help...

Ruben Morgan
  • Banker
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:55

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member here and have been doing a lot of reading and trying to use the search function as much as possible before asking questions. But now I have one for everybody and I would greatly appreciate some help.

I live in Denver, CO and the foreclosure market here is good (for investors). I was approached by a company called TCS Foreclosures to do what they call research on properties. The goal is to negotiate short sales for $0.70 on the dollar including rehab with the bank and the current owners of the property. The guarantee is that if my research is correct their investors will buy them and I'll get paid a finders fee.

Well they are selling an 18 week course on how to nogetiate short sales along with access to their investor network for a pretty penny ($7500). The classes are conducted via open mic conference call with 50 students at a time that can interact with other students and the instructor. I'd assume that this would make it easier to hear legitimate complaints, but if I've paid money then it would too late...

My questions are as follows:

Is this course worth it?

Does anyone think this course will allow me to make finders fees faster than I would trying to do this same business on my own?

Is there a more cost effective way to get access to a large group of investors that will buy discounted homes/properties?

Is there a better short sale program out there?

I actually have about 10,000 more questions, but I would greatly appreciate any answers as a starting point.

Thanks,

Loading replies...