On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we talk with real estate investor Darren Sager about his fascinating business model involving buy and hold real estate, live-in flips, and managing properties with minimal hassle.
This show is crammed full of awesome, actionable ideas, tips, and lessons – so don’t miss a second of it!
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- The college professional who got Darren started
- When to use the 1% rule
- How Darren bought his first property for almost nothing down
- The $400,000 live-in flip
- The #1 most important characteristic Darren looks for in properties
- The secret to renting property to people with children
- How to save thousands of dollars using YouTube.
- And a whole lot more
Links from the Show
- The Real Estate Agent’s Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors by Brandon Turner
- How I Found, Analyzed, and Bought an Ugly Purple Rental Property
- Brandon Bought a “Waldo” Rental Property…. But Should You?
- Allure Vinyl Plank Flooring
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Kellar
- Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Kellar
- All You Can Do is All You Can Do, but All You Can Do Is Enough by Art Williams
- Hamburger America by George Motz
“If a deal doesn’t at least meet the 1% rule – run away.” (Tweet This!)
“It may be cliche, but when buying real estate… location is everything.” (Tweet This!)
“The worse condition a property is in, the more I’ll love it!” (Tweet This!)
“The most successful people are those who failed the most.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Darren
Darren’s BiggerPockets ProfileBP Podcast 048: Duplex Investing, Finding Great Properties, and Tips for Managing Tenants with Darren Sager by Brandon Turner