Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Linda Manresa
Votes |
Looking for a CPA in CA

Linda Manresa
Posted Jul 25 2022, 11:38

Hello, I am looking for a CPA in California (San Diego County preferably) that deals with real estate investors. I am looking to open an S Corp since I am a veteran and would like to find a professional who can assist me in financial matters while minimizing potential taxes, etc. I am 25 years old and currently have 2 properties. Although I am still starting off, I would like to create my corporation as soon as possible so that I can build a strong foundation for the future.

Thank you in advance, 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Homs
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Replied Jul 25 2022, 11:57

@Linda Manresa by all means I do not want to slow you down, but maybe educate yourself before you head down this road. You currently have 2 properties? How are they titled? Your individual name or an LLC? Focus your attention there first. LLC's in California come with a years $800 fee, even if you don't own anything and you also have to do taxes, even if you don't own anything. An S-Corp is just a tax designation, so why do you need one now? S-Corp is usually used for flipping homes. LLC are more for buy and hold properties. Yes, check with a CPA, but don't get sold on something that you don't need, until you need it?

Good Investing..

User Stats

Votes
Nate Meeker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Real Estate CPA | California
Replied May 28 2023, 21:54
Quote from @Joe Homs:

@Linda Manresa by all means I do not want to slow you down, but maybe educate yourself before you head down this road. You currently have 2 properties? How are they titled? Your individual name or an LLC? Focus your attention there first. LLC's in California come with a years $800 fee, even if you don't own anything and you also have to do taxes, even if you don't own anything. An S-Corp is just a tax designation, so why do you need one now? S-Corp is usually used for flipping homes. LLC are more for buy and hold properties. Yes, check with a CPA, but don't get sold on something that you don't need, until you need it?

Good Investing..

@Linda Manresa, @Joe Homs I am currently taking on new clients in San Diego and Riverside County. If you or someone you know would like to double-check that their tax preparer is providing optimal services for a competitive price, reach out. Thank you!

Nate Meeker, CPA
951-383-4747

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes