Getting TRACTION on your goals for 2015

5 Replies

I've been a goal setter for a number of years now. My wife was "de-junking" recently and found some of my old goals from 2005. Has this ever happened to you? You come back across some of you old goals and it gives you a walk down memory lane? 

I started a new aspect of my RE video blog and I incorporated a look back at my 2005 goals in it. I'd love any feedback.

http://youtu.be/XzkjoSQmBUw

Great idea on the video blog! For some reason I'm not seeing any of the other videos you've mentioned that you've done.

I'd suggest chopping up your big video into smaller more manageable chunks. I see the nearly 30 long minute video and think "Oh man, this is gonna be a guy that goes on and on and on" where as if you were to do shorter videos, 5-7 minutes long, I can skip around probably watch just as much, and more easily find the snippets that really stuck out with me. If you label your shorter videos then I can more easily look up find those ones that I reall connected with.

@Steven J.  That's a good idea. I recognize that a 30 minute video can be intimidating. As for the other videos, they are all right there on my same channel. Click on the channel and then "videos" and you should see them all. Most of the other videos are mini documentaries of actual flips or wholesales I'm doing. No fake TV drama, and real profit/loss figures. Yep, I said loss. I was doing video on one of my flips this year and Murphy's law happened and I lost money. 

I posted on one of your videos where your're wholesaler made 45k assignment fee I think it was. I admire the way you were understanding of how much he made on the deal and that it was more than you were planning to make. I'll have to watch your others.

Great episode! I love all the tips about how to get your "rocks" done.

I have a dedicated goals journal I write in every year, so it's all in one place. Wish I'd started it years ago, but I just started it in 2013. It's never too late, though...I figure in 10-20 years it will be a great read.

I also have a rolling calendar reminder to re-read my yearly goals every month so I don't forget about them, and forget to take action (out of sight, out of mind).

@Gretchen Roberts  I love it! I actually have a journal that I write in every week as well. I always start a new one every calendar year. In the beginning of all of my journals I write my goals for the year, then at the end I note how I did.

I actually write my goals everyday, it only takes 5 minutes or so and it definitely keeps them fresh. 

Thanks for the love for the episode! You have to start somewhere and I thought "goals" and "productivity" would be a good place to start. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.