Advice for Investor Who will take Test to become Agent

Advice for Investor Who will take Test to become Agent

Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes

Hey,

As a homeowner/investor, I want to scale my business in the competitive market here in Northern Virginia. I am working full time but will be taking my test to become an agent starting part time.  I want to surely take advantage of my time as I balance work and family, so I am studying how to systematize (podio is great) my business to really scale up!

Anyone have any advice as I study to take the test, how to systematize my business, etc. ??

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Kyle MccawBusiness Member
Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y

I had a few systems. The best for me was to download a list of non-owner occupied units, upload to a mailing service, let the phone ring. Have a phone number & voicemail specific to the card. 

McCaw Property Management4.4905 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I had a few systems. The best for me was to download a list of non-owner occupied units, upload to a mailing service, let the phone ring. Have a phone number & voicemail specific to the card. 

    McCaw Property Management4.4905 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Gregg Hutton I suggest the study material provided by Kaplan, it helped me pass the test on the first attempt. For building your business I suggest looking up Joshua Smith, and joining the "GSD mode" facebook group. His 90 day bootcamp will teach you the basics that you need to know about being an agent, and building a business at the same time. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Unionville, CT · Member since 2016 · 260 posts · 167 votes
    9y
    Lol balance.... what's that?
  • Real Estate Agent · Farmville, VA · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Kyle Mccaw Thanks for the tip!  I will surely begin studying the different mailing companies that best fit for me. Any tips for how to choose the best location?

    @Brandon L. Loudon and Fairfax county are obviously where the big players are. Any tips from a experienced agent like yourself?

    @Julie N. you literally made my day lol

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 152 posts · 44 votes
    9y

    Try using mailchimp. Its a site that automates email marketing

  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2017 · 226 posts · 95 votes
    9y

    As soon as you start working have the mindset that you will hire an assistant as soon as it makes sense. That way you are constantly thinking about what work you have to do vs. which work you can have someone(or something) else do. You will also be thinking about how you would train someone to do the work.

    Give thought to how you are going to keep track of contacts. Rarely does exporting from one system then importing into a new system transfer all of the information.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.