Investor/Entrepreneur Seeking Advice On Start Up And References

Investor/Entrepreneur Seeking Advice On Start Up And References

Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 28 votes

Hi everyone I am a new investor but I am also in the process of setting up a residential cleaning business. I plan on going to my local REIA and trying to build my clientele there; I am wondering on who all I should target for my cleaning business? Should I just run around to every realtor office in my area and hand out business cards? What are some common services needed through a cleaning company in the real estate world? Is there a fair common price per sq ft? Any advice would be appreciated. I might've left some points out that I might not even know of. I am planning on doing my first flip soon and would like to have this extra income to help build my capital here in the beginning of my journey. Thanks!

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Marketing Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 125 votes
9y

Hi @Andrew Martin, not sure what your business model is but wanted to let you know that I work for a real estate investment brokerage and PM company...we have about 500 multifamily residential units under management. Most of them are duplexes, quads, some SFHs, and just a few larger-unit complexes, a 12- and a 22-unit building. It is very hard to find reliable cleaners for tenant turnovers. We're not a mega management company with a contract with a mega cleaning company; we hire mostly solo and small business cleaners, because we are a small business. If you have any interest in that area for your business, you can check out what the market for cleaners for small-medium property management companies is like in your area, and whether it would be a good niche for you. Maybe call a few PM companies and ask around. My two cents. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Marketing Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    Hi @Andrew Martin, not sure what your business model is but wanted to let you know that I work for a real estate investment brokerage and PM company...we have about 500 multifamily residential units under management. Most of them are duplexes, quads, some SFHs, and just a few larger-unit complexes, a 12- and a 22-unit building. It is very hard to find reliable cleaners for tenant turnovers. We're not a mega management company with a contract with a mega cleaning company; we hire mostly solo and small business cleaners, because we are a small business. If you have any interest in that area for your business, you can check out what the market for cleaners for small-medium property management companies is like in your area, and whether it would be a good niche for you. Maybe call a few PM companies and ask around. My two cents. Good luck!

  • Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    @Kim Younkin, 

            Hi and thank you for the info! I can see how maybe I was a little vague, basically I am about to start up a residential cleaning business to clean homes whether people live in them currently, a realtor needs to clean up for rent/sale showing, investor needs to clean out of a foreclosure, etc. Basically I was just fishing for a few ideas on how to expand my clientele, and I think you gave me a wealth of information that I did not think of. I didn't realize that PM companies hired people to clean units- thank you! I will be reaching out to the PM companies in my area and hopefully land a few contracts. Thank you again!

  • Real Estate Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 940 posts · 695 votes
    9y

    @Andrew Martin - you might also want to target all apartment owners in your community.

    Also offer agents some type of referral fee.  

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Marketing Professional · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 299 posts · 125 votes
    9y

    You're welcome @Andrew Martin and good luck!

  • Investor/Realtor · Hoover, AL · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 459 votes
    9y

    @Andrew Martin...You are on the right track.  Network!!!  I recently referred a housecleaner to an elderly couple unable to do task like mopping and dusting.  It's set for 2x a month.  Win Win....Keep an open mind....GL

  • Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    Thank you Rolanda, and everyone else! All the suggestions will be applied, and all the support is greatly appreciated! I am determined to achieve not only financial freedom through real estate but one day great wealth. I know it won't be an easy road but I think being a part of this community and also networking with my local REIA that the sky is the limit. I know this topic doesn't have the substance of most real estate investing topics but this is a vehicle I have decided to use to help me obtain financial freedom and build capital and I appreciate you guys having positive feedback and helping me out. Take care everyone!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.