Do you use your Local Phone Numbers or an 800 Number?

Do you use your Local Phone Numbers or an 800 Number?

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 56 votes

hello,

I'm starting to market for deals directly from sellers to buy as subject to, lease option or straight purchases. I am curious as to which route is better - local numbers or 800s. I have weighed pros and cons for both and am just curious as to what other BP members use. Thanks for any input!

0Reply
12 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    i never used an 800 number, so i don't have much to compare it to. however, i didn't want to come off as a big time investor from out of state, so that's why i went with a local number. a vanity number or something easy to remember like 333-1234 is essential to people remembering your number however, as they drive fast lol. it took me hours to search through different websites and waht they offered, and i used a computer program i found online for free to match up the numbers to possible words. finally, i came up with 215-HOUS. not perfect, but i've had great results and use on all signs--even for rent. when driving neighborhoods, tenants will see several for rent signs, and mine will be the first they can remember.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 56 votes
    15y

    that's a smart suggestion Bryan! I've always wanted to find a way to get a number that actually says something. what site was that?

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    i use ringcentral for the number. just use google to find a program that can analyze numbers and tell you what sequence can create words if that makes sense...like 4687 on my number is HOUS. but it could also be HOTS, GOTS, HOUR..you get the idea. vanity numbers dont take so long but they must be 800 numbers. i wanted a local number, so thats why i went to the extra trouble.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 56 votes
    15y

    thanks for the tip Bryan!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    I've heard both sides of the coin. Though, I think the 800 number makes it look like a big company and corporation. Some prefer to do business that way. Having a local number, makes you appear more local. I guess it's all a matter of preference!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seminole, FL · Member since 2010 · 859 posts · 316 votes
    15y

    A local number for Craigslist, and bandit signs I think would pull better.

    I have used toll free for direct mail, but that was years ago.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.