looking for multiunit residential cash flow potential. HELP!

4 Replies

I live in Los Angeles and I have bought a couple properties here locally but I'm not in a position to afford much more here with the high prices. I have s large network of friends that live in Los Angeles also and want to invest in real estate but are looking for investments with good cash flow to help build wealth. I'm looking for suggestions on a city that I can fly to easily that will help me invest in multiunit residential properties that will give me good cash flow. I'd like to partner up with a local investor or broker that can help me build a portfolio with good cash flow. what cities should I look at? what suggestions do you have for me? Omid in LA

All of California's money is flowing into Texas for a reason. Austin or DFW are the common favorites, but any of the Four Metros will work fine if you don't want to sweat going out into the smaller towns. 

That said, it's a very competitive market. You need to know more about what you want besides just "cash-flow" because everyone is looking for cash-flow. Successful investors take the time to truly hammer out their strategy so that they don't waste time looking at 100 properties they'll never buy.

Hi Omid!

Check out Cleveland, Ohio when you have a chance. 

Our city has plenty of reasonably priced single and multi family homes, along with a strong rental market. 

With prices extremely low compared to Los Angeles, I'm sure we can help find a property that fits your needs. 

Feel free to send me a message if you have questions.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you