I am 16 and starting a company with a partner

I am 16 and starting a company with a partner

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 26 votes

Hello! I am 16 years old and partnering with someone who is over 18, we are creating such an entity for our deals involving real estate, and our other ventures.

Our entity will he under an LLC, and I was curious as to if I too can be written as a member of the LLC, and if this comes with certain restrictions.

What must be taken to write me under this?

When registering online, is it enough to leave my name under “Company Officials.”

Are there age restrictions to being an organizer : member?

Please let me know! Thank you.

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    6y

    Whether minors can be LLC members or not is state-specific. My state doesn't have an age minimum so my boys have been members since they were babies. Check your state SOS site.

    Whether you can contractually sign for material (important) matters is another thing.  As a minor, you can't contract. I'd stick to being a member vs member mgr, organizer, etc.  

    Congrats on looking into this at such a young age, Owen👍

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.