Sponsoring a charity with my business

Sponsoring a charity with my business

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes

I'm purchasing a property and allowing a charitable organization to use part of the property as a food bank and distribution facility. I would also like my company (American West Realty) to sponsor the organization. I still have to speak with the organization but I think they're very excited about the idea. I would not only provide them with free operating space, but I would like to provide them with a monthly contribution and help them with marketing, fund raising, and other facets of their operation. I believe everyone on the board is elderly so they could really use help creating a social media presence, reaching out to local businesses for assistance, etc. In exchange, my company would get some advertising benefit as their sponsor.

If you have any suggestions, concerns, or experiences to share, I would love to hear from you! Comment here or send me a PM. Thanks!

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    5y

    I love this and can't wait to do something similar once I'm able! You could even set up a volunteer piece with your current clients and ask them if they want to volunteer at the food bank and that a portion of your commission benefits the charity. I really like it - you could go many directions with this and is another example of business being good!

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Firmin:

    I love this and can't wait to do something similar once I'm able! You could even set up a volunteer piece with your current clients and ask them if they want to volunteer at the food bank and that a portion of your commission benefits the charity. I really like it - you could go many directions with this and is another example of business being good!

    One thing I thought of was collecting non-perishable food items when people move out. Many of them have canned goods or other items they want to get rid of when boxing up for a move. I could include this as part of their move-out instructions and let them know they can leave the goods on the counter for us to collect and donate. It reduces work on the tenant and gives us an opportunity to provide more food for the organization.  We can also set up a collection box in our offices and regularly promote that around the community.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, GA · Member since 2018 · 974 posts · 645 votes
    5y

    @Nathan Gesner great idea! Every property management company should do that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.