I WAS SICK AS A DOG TODAY BUT THE WORK STILL DONE

I WAS SICK AS A DOG TODAY BUT THE WORK STILL DONE

Jason MalabuteBusiness Member
Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 901 votes

Today I had to call off from my W2. I was just not feeling well. I was coughing, muscle aches, chills, and headache.

If I was running my real estate business by myself I would have to had an unproductive day for my business as well. However, since I have implemented procedures and hired/managed a team the calls were made, text/emails answered, and CRM updated.

This is why I am a big fan of the motto "working on your business instead of in your business". I could be on vacation or sick and the business does not stop running.

My goal is to hire more people as I get bigger. I want to keep on pushing myself to outsource more my tasks as I grow.  The finish line is when the business can run without me completely.

 

Malabute & Company CPAs525 Reviews
3Reply
34 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 549 posts · 53 votes
    5y

    I'm a huge proponent of using Virtual Assistants, building your team, and having systems and processes in place for exactly this reason! It's incredible being able to remove yourself with no worries if the business will continue running. K

    I always say "do what you do best, and outsource the rest." 

    Awesome job!

  • Member since 2020 · 339 posts · 356 votes
    5y

    @Jason Malabute

    How many units do you manage ?..that a sick day would hurt you ?

  • Jason MalabuteBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 901 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bob Lachance:

    I'm a huge proponent of using Virtual Assistants, building your team, and having systems and processes in place for exactly this reason! It's incredible being able to remove yourself with no worries if the business will continue running. K

    I always say "do what you do best, and outsource the rest." 

    Awesome job!

     Great minds think alike

    Malabute & Company CPAs525 Reviews
  • Jason MalabuteBusiness Member
    OP
    Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 901 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Dennis Wayne:

    @Jason Malabute

    How many units do you manage ?..that a sick day would hurt you ?

    I have 3 SFH, but my team is finding me a 8-20 unit apartment building

    Malabute & Company CPAs525 Reviews
  • Specialist · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 549 posts · 53 votes
    5y

    @Jason Malabute. Love it and agree!

  • Real Estate Consultant · Houston TX · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Bob Lachance

    I am currently looking for a few virtual assistants to add to my team. Any good websites you would recommend besides Upwork(that’s the one I use now)? I would really appreciate it.

  • Specialist · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 549 posts · 53 votes
    5y

    Hey @Liza Dydyshka, I'm going to send you a private message!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.