New Investor. STR advice for New Hampshire!!

New Investor. STR advice for New Hampshire!!

New to Real Estate · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hi! Currently looking into out-of-state investing. Specific area is New Hampshire (white mountains). Hoping to get into the short-term- rental market. $100,000-$250,000 price range. I have had some trouble finding information on zoning ordinance and understanding what kind of properties IE. Airbnb, vacation homes, VRBO are allowed and where.

Any advice on:

Finding Off Market Deals?

Who to speak to about zoning ordinance?

If you need to apply to own a STR?

Thanks!!


- Mike 

0Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · New Hampton, NH · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 36 votes
4y

@Michael Szydlowski I’m a investor in NH and run a vacation and long term rental management company based in the lakes region. We’ve also been searching for other clients in the lakes and mountains region and it’s tough out here, especially in that price range. Feel free to reach out directly and can help answer any area specific questions you may have.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Laconia, NH · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 40 votes
    4y

    Hi Michael,

    Welcome! Those things are usually town specific so depending on what town you’re looking in you’ll have to check out that towns website or reach out to the zoning board for that town if you can’t find anything online. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you need help looking for properties as I am a local agent in that area.

    Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · New Hampton, NH · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 36 votes
    4y

    @Michael Szydlowski I’m a investor in NH and run a vacation and long term rental management company based in the lakes region. We’ve also been searching for other clients in the lakes and mountains region and it’s tough out here, especially in that price range. Feel free to reach out directly and can help answer any area specific questions you may have.

  • New to Real Estate · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Joia B. Thank you for that response! I was definitely searching to broadly on the internet and I will look into individual towns information. Seems like their are some areas in NH that are trying to either get rid of STR or "regulate" them. Appreciate the advice.

    - Mike

  • Sean DelisleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Londonderry, NH · Member since 2021 · 102 posts · 50 votes
    4y

    Try looking in Campton, Plymouth, Lincoln NH, not the lakes region, but still a tourist area. There are condo's in that price point. Not sure what the STR rules are up there though. It's close to lots of activities, my family has spent many summers in that area.

    Elevate Property Group|BHHS Verani5131 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Sean Delisle thanks so much I will take a look at those areas. The more research the more im realizing being in the mountains and not the lake are more affordable right now.

    Thank you!

    -mike

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
    4y

    Congrats on getting started and welcome to the forum. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, ME · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Michael Szydlowski

    Hi, I just read this post. I’m looking to do that as well in the Conway area. Did you end up finding a place? Realtor? Cleaners?

    Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    @Jessica Pierce

    We actually still haven't found the right place! We are not giving up yet though. I will reach out if we find something!

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, ME · Member since 2021 · 13 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Michael Szydlowski:

    @Jessica Pierce

    We actually still haven't found the right place! We are not giving up yet though. I will reach out if we find something!

    Sounds great! Good luck! I’ll look forward to hearing about your success! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.