Advice on Presenting A Deal to Investor/Partner

Advice on Presenting A Deal to Investor/Partner

Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Looking for tips on approaching a private investor/partner with a cash flowing rental property. I will bring the deal and can put in the time/work, but lack in experience and funds. This person I intend on partnering with has lots of experience with rentals and would also be the money guy. That said, I need to present the deal correctly, not asking to much, but also not shorting myself. In the book "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Garry Keller, a similar situation is presented where the solution was for the investor/partner to take 30% off the top of each months net profits, then the rest would be split 50/50, and that would continue until the amount paid by investor/partner was paid off. At which point all profits would be split 50/50. I am still pretty new to real estate investing and just bought my first duplex. I have a goal of 100 units in 10 years. The deal referred to above is an 8 plex and would be a perfect stepping stone into larger multi family.
Any advice on this topic would be very appreciated. 

1Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2021 · 493 posts · 162 votes
    4y

    If you have an broker contacts it could helpful to run a practice pitch across them. Given the deal flow they see and data they have available they can help you sure up a pitch and ask tough questions as preparation. Best of luck and hope things progress well in 2022. 

  • Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Thanks for the response, what are your thoughts on how to distribute the profits based off of my/his contributions to the partnership?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.