I need advice on how to scale my two (debt free) homes

I need advice on how to scale my two (debt free) homes

Investor · Rocky River, OH · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this.  I am newer to real estate investing and need advice.  I bought two rentals for cash.  I'm wondering what is the best option to leverage my ownership of these two houses so I can buy more (or be prepared when a deal pops up).  I'm rehabbing house number 2.  I'm not sure if I should contact a mortgage broker, a local banker, or a hard money lender.  These are small homes, 1000sq ft, 2 bed one bath.   Thank you in advance.

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Daytona/Ormond Beach Fl, Charleston/Summerville SC · Member since 2017 · 156 posts · 73 votes
    4y

    @Kevin O'Bryan

    I am assuming these are smaller value ~$100k homes. Therefore the mortgage is small to a bank.

    I would suggest a local Credit Union or a small local bank.  The closing costs are going to be a high percentage of your cash out so perhaps a portfolio (commercial) loan from a local small bank could combine the two into a single loan.

    Good Luck

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.