Buying a house when working a tipped postion, what to do?

Buying a house when working a tipped postion, what to do?

New to Real Estate · Lancaster, PA · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 9 votes

Hi everyone, I'm 21 and looking to buy my first multi family in the coming months. The main issue, I've ran into is that I'm a bartender and make most of money from cash tips. I have about 20k saved up (to put towards a house). I was thinking I could temporialy find a good pay W2 job until I close on a house or potentiality use a hard money lender. 

What do you guys think? 

Will hard money lenders give me the same issues as a regular lender? 

0Reply
31 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 300 votes
    4y

    I think the correct answer is you should be claiming all your tips on taxes and tax returns will show what you make...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.