Financial Advisor · Fort Wayne IN · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 0 votes
1. Id love to chat with someone who handles purchases and acquisitions for a 3rd party since I'm brand new to this...
2. I'm meeting with my agent this weekend to look at a property for one of my investors. I know what we want to put in said location, but have NO clue what I need to bring, what I need to ask, or what I need to be looking for. Help appreciated as I professionally stumble through my first deal ;)
3. Referring to #1, I have no clue what kind of deal I should be working out with my investor as far as pay goes... I know that statement has various questions that go with it, so again, if someone is willing to chat, id appreciate it.
Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2020 · 96 posts · 73 votes
4y
Hey Wes,
I'm happy to chat with you. Some quick thoughts: Do you know this agent or is it a blind date? Your agent should be able to guide you through the process. Interview them and make sure they understand your goals, needs and are familiar with the commercial space. If you already have, Great!
Not sure how the financing will work - but if you have any lenders involved beyond your Investor, then they will surely provide you with the info you will need to provide. It will likely include, rent rolls, pro forma, personal or business income, bank statements, etc.
You don't know your deal structure with your investor? I see you're a financial advisor, so are they a client of yours. Do you not already have a structure in place? Maybe i'm not understanding your question there. Happy to chat more. Direct message me if you'd like.