New to investing in Philadelphia

New to investing in Philadelphia

Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 0 votes

Hi,

My name is Brandi and I just joined BP recently. Like many of the newbies, I've been doing a lot of independent research, attending REIA meetings, and listening to the BP podcasts. With all that said, I'm a hands on learner so I'm looking to get my feet wet! Whether it's assisting an experience investor or collaborating with a someone new like myself, I'm open to any networking opportunities. Any feedback or info is much appreciated! Thanks!

0Reply
23 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP @Brandi Brockman You didn't mention the Ultimate Free Beginners Guide. If you haven't seen it yet check it out.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 92 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    im in philly too! welcome. hope all goes well. i closed on my first rental a month ago. im gona hold it for a while...rent it out and wait for a couple comps to come in...borrow against it and get another one!

  • Wholesaler · Washington, D.C · Member since 2011 · 449 posts · 94 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP, @Brandi Brockman ! I'm originally from Philly, too. Learning by shadowing experienced Investors is very effective. Kudos to you for taking action early on.

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    @Ned Carey Yes, I've read through the Ultimate Free Beginner's Guide. I found it pretty helpful in terms of figuring out what my next steps should be.

    Hi @Joe Boggin that's awesome. I'm thinking of renting out my house now when I move. Keep me posted on how that's going for you.

    @Mike Nelson Glad to hear that's a method that actually worked out for someone. Are you still investing in the area?

  • Wholesaler · Washington, D.C · Member since 2011 · 449 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    Yes, @Brandi Brockman . In fact, although I'm in Richmond, Philly is still my biggest market.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.