MTM lease for roommate when you are landlord

MTM lease for roommate when you are landlord

Janesville, WI · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I’m a first time homebuyer, just bought a duplex that I am househacking. Living in upper, renting out lower. I plan on getting a roommate, month to month. Are they any leases out there that are good for roommate related leases? I know there may be different restrictions and just want to see if there are specific leases for roommates when you are the landlord.

0Reply
16 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Madison, WI · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Hi @Jonathan Bogner. I see you're in Janesville! It's really not much different than any standard lease if you weren't living in the property with some minor edits. My recommendation would be to start with a WI lease template (I'd be happy to share one with you), and then go through and strike out any terms that would not be applicable to the roommate depending on your arrangement (lawn care, utilities, etc.), then you can write in your terms that aren't included in the boilerplate language of the lease agreement. Happy to provide some guidance on this if you like. Just shoot me a message.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.