Finding Quality Real Estate Agents in Less Populated Areas

Finding Quality Real Estate Agents in Less Populated Areas

Member since 2022 · 29 posts · 9 votes

Hi Bigger Pockets Family,
I am new to the RE investing adventure and trying to get all my proverbial ducks in a row. The one major road block i have been consistently running into atm is finding a GOOD (as i am often reminded to be on the lookout for) Real Estate Agent. I know there are plenty, especially here in this community. But how does one go about finding these quality agents, that know the areas, in towns and outskirts that aren't popular or populated? I currently have my eyes on a few MF properties in Western MD/VA and Eastern WV - but as they are often far from the "bigger cities" even searches here on the "Find an agent" page pulls few results.

Are there any recommendations for finding agents in these types of areas. Also feel free to recommend any RE Agents you may know in the areas listed :)

Thank you in advance!

0Reply
11 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    I always search the local area. Just because they are not "bigger city agents" doesn't necessarily negate experience and quality. I always interview at least three or four agents in the area I am working in, and then try to vet ones that won't work. I will also talk to a few from the nearby larger cities to see if they are willing to work the area, and then will make my final decision based on how interviews went.


    I should add that this process is how I used to do things. I hired YourLandTC to handle most of my day to day tasks (like finding a real estate agent for my areas of interest) and that has worked out nicely.

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    4y

    I know....everyone hates Zillow but for finding a good agent Zillow great tool. The first few once pay for the placement, but you get the actual number of sales an agent has in the area you're looking for and how many positive reviews. Stay away from agents under ten sales a year, and on once over 50+ deals a year, they're too busy, or you have to work with their $15/h assistant

  • Member since 2022 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Thanks so much for the response Justin. When vetting Real Estate Agents what are some big red/green flags you look out for? it seems that with the “local” agents i get very few that seem “interested” in the search for investment properties. A lot of one word responses… 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.