How can I help other investors when I can't do manual labor?

How can I help other investors when I can't do manual labor?

Investor · Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello Biggerpockets! My name is Chris and I currently live in Midvale, Utah with my Wife and our son. I've recently been injured and I'm unable to do manual labor. I'm wondering, what are some things I could do to support other investors and learn the ropes in the process?

I am currently working to bring together a team focused on multi family rental properties. I'm interested in networking with and supporting other investors who are operating at levels above where I am and learning from them. Even if I'm not getting paid, I want to contribute to what you're doing so I can learn for the long haul. 

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I hope you are having a great week. 

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 400 posts · 278 votes
    4y

    Hey Chris! Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

    I wouldn't worry about the inability to do manual labor holding you back, that's only one facet of the multifamily investment space. I'd say the 2 biggest pieces of value multifamily investors look for are:

    1. Finding and underwriting deals: Can you bring an operator a great deal that you can be equity partners on? This involves having deal flow on and off market and underwriting lots of deals and projecting returns.

    2. Raising cash: Do you have a network of high net worth individuals who would invest with you? Raising cash for other people's deals will also get you general partnership equity.

    Hope that helps!

  • Jocelyn KaufmanBusiness Member
    Realtor · UT · Member since 2022 · 63 posts · 42 votes
    4y

    Hey Chris! I hope you get better soon!

    Just reach out to different investors and ask questions. When I first was starting I would reach out to as many different people to try and learn. Then there are many podcasts and books you can read to learn more. 

    I am more than happy to chat if you ever want to! 

    Best of luck. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.