Any advice for a 21 year old looking for deals?

Any advice for a 21 year old looking for deals?

Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 6 votes

Hey everyone, I have been interested in real estate for a while but just got the courage to start looking for deals and am ready to purchase an investment property when I find the right one. Just wanted to ask all you experienced buyers out there on any tips/advice on finding deals and getting started in general. Thank you all, your responses are highly appreciated and extremely helpful!!!!

0Reply
12 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Destin, FL · Member since 2019 · 116 posts · 111 votes
    4y

    Congrats on taking the leap! I would start interviewing realtors in your area so you have access to the MLS, their resources, and database as well as attending local real estate investing meet ups. You can network and meet incredible people with similar goals, lenders, wholesalers, etc. Cold calling and "driving for dollars" can be great and low cost ways to find off market deals as well.

  • David MackinBusiness Member
    Lender · Westminster, CO · Member since 2021 · 92 posts · 86 votes
    4y

    If you can find yourself in a position to House-Hack using your primary residence, that's a great start. You have a roof over your head, you have more affordable financing, and you learn a lot about investing, expenses, land-lording etc.

    This is how I started and I'm sure many others. It was a nice stepping stone to gain the confidence to take the next leap. 

  • Bay area, CA · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 306 votes
    4y

    Looks like you are already in Florida, one of the great markets in recent years. You will see plenty of great opportunities around once you dig deep. While you are doing that on your own and expanding your knowledge, feel free to message me, and I would like to educate or help, and if needed, connect you with the team who helped me when I was a beginner to invest. 

    @Zach Lemaster

    --Ruchit

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.