New Investors: What's your biggest frustration getting started?

New Investors: What's your biggest frustration getting started?

Investor · NY · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 12 votes

For members in this community who are not yet actively investing in real estate, what is your biggest frustration in getting started?

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 36 posts · 26 votes
    4y

    Probably the current state of the market. Nothing I look at has any hope of being a cash flow positive rental under even the best assumptions, and even appreciation is unlikely to correct that in the next 3-5 years. So while I am saving and watching the market carefully to know what a deal looks like I feel its unlikely I will be able to make one. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Centreville, VA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 799 votes
    4y

    One of the biggest frustration getting started was the weak mindset as an investor and panicking every time my tenant called for a repair. I would leave everything and go fix it without having any knowledge on repairs. It was after listening and reading a lot about real estate that I was able to overcome this fear and start using leverage to operate my properties. Within 2 years of listening to Bigger Pockets podcast, I have been able to scale to 15 units. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.