Has anyone worked with a real-estate agent in Columbia, MO?

Has anyone worked with a real-estate agent in Columbia, MO?

Columbia, MO · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 66 votes

Hello All,

I'm currently on the search for real-estate agents in Columbia, MO. I was wondering if anyone on here has worked with one prior that they would recommend? What did you like and dislike about this person?

Thank you!!

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
3y

Hi David,

I am an investor here in Columbia.  We have used many different realtors in town over the years and now use Melody Derendinger with Weichert Realtors. Her cell is: 573-219-0174  She is straight forward, honest, and if the deal is close to coming together she will work to make sure it does.  I do know that she currently has a duplex of her own that she is looking to sell.  It does need work; however, it is in a good area and i would think that would make a great house hack.  We looked into buying it, but have too many irons in the fire at the present time. 

Good Luck! Hope you find what your looking for

Andy Jira

TRS Property Managment

TRSProperty.com

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Sarita ScherpereelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 376 votes
    3y

    Hi @David Lund I'm sure agents and others will give recommendations below. In case they don't. You can also search for agents and create your team on the BiggerPockets NETWORK tab- https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Best of luck! 

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sarita Scherpereel:

    Hi @David Lund I'm sure agents and others will give recommendations below. In case they don't. You can also search for agents and create your team on the BiggerPockets NETWORK tab- https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Best of luck! 


     Thank you for the reply Sarita!

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Hi David,

    I am an investor here in Columbia.  We have used many different realtors in town over the years and now use Melody Derendinger with Weichert Realtors. Her cell is: 573-219-0174  She is straight forward, honest, and if the deal is close to coming together she will work to make sure it does.  I do know that she currently has a duplex of her own that she is looking to sell.  It does need work; however, it is in a good area and i would think that would make a great house hack.  We looked into buying it, but have too many irons in the fire at the present time. 

    Good Luck! Hope you find what your looking for

    Andy Jira

    TRS Property Managment

    TRSProperty.com

  • Real Estate Agent · Southern California · Member since 2019 · 681 posts · 281 votes
    3y

    Couldnt agree with @Sarita Scherpereel more! Bigger pockets has a wealth of agents who are investor friendly or focused and its free! Check it out! @David Lund

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nicholas Coulter:

    Couldnt agree with @Sarita Scherpereel more! Bigger pockets has a wealth of agents who are investor friendly or focused and its free! Check it out! @David Lund


     Thank you Nicholas!

  • Columbia, MO · Member since 2022 · 122 posts · 66 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andy Jira:

    Hi David,

    I am an investor here in Columbia.  We have used many different realtors in town over the years and now use Melody Derendinger with Weichert Realtors. Her cell is: 573-219-0174  She is straight forward, honest, and if the deal is close to coming together she will work to make sure it does.  I do know that she currently has a duplex of her own that she is looking to sell.  It does need work; however, it is in a good area and i would think that would make a great house hack.  We looked into buying it, but have too many irons in the fire at the present time. 

    Good Luck! Hope you find what your looking for

    Andy Jira

    TRS Property Managment

    TRSProperty.com


     Thank you so much for the recommendation, Andy!

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I used to live in Poplar Bluff, first place I rented on my own after getting out of basic training was a 600 sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bath w/ full-sized washer dryer, yard, nice deck, basement, car port, street parking for $450 a month. Granted this was around 2010 but I looked up the rent est. for today and it's around $800. We (gf and I) rented a small 1 bed/bath with washer/dryer in Martinez, CA (east bay area, small blue collar community about 40ish minutes from SF) studio last year for $1850. A freaking studio! For 2 years worth of that rent I could have bought that place in Poplar Bluff. The property value is estimated at $28k. 

    You can see why I'm interested in investing out of state possibility back in my old home area of MO. California is just too expensive at this time, but we live here so I am looking into house hacking in the Bay Area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.