New to Real Estate · Rockland County · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I have identified that I would like to get into real estate investing through multi-family. I know there is a lot of "free"/inexpensive material out there to educate oneself but I am really looking for more of a mentorship program or a real college program such as a MS in real estate(I need the structure) (The program is relatively expensive and I am not really getting any guidance what a MS will do for me). If anyone has experience in either I would really love to hear more about it. Feel free to share opinions either way,
Rental Property Investor · Fairmont, MN · Member since 2019 · 184 posts · 123 votes
3y
@Shua Rosen I have not done any formal education or mentoring programs personally, but I believe experience/networking is the best way to get started. Search for some local meet ups in your area and start connecting with people. Listen to podcasts, read real estate books, etc are much more inexpensive ways to start acquiring knowledge. I think a Jake and Gino or similar mentorship program is much more valuable then a MS program.
Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
3y
Do you want to be a success? Or waste time and money?
This forum is filled with extremely successful Real Estate investors of all types, ages, genders, etc. I can guarantee you that zero of them has a MS in Real Estate.
All you need to do is jump in, this ain't that hard....
Real Estate Broker · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 1 vote
3y
I pursued an MBA originally was looking at a real estate development track, but decided ultimately just general and to jump into real estate because in this industry definitely hands on experience and networking is extremely valuable. I'm not familiar with Jake and Gino, I'd recommend doing a mentorship/ internship I but gain an idea of the day-to-day and real life expectations. I was an admissions counselor for 2 years and I believe education is important and I loved my program and knowledge gained. Join local networking events they typically have all types of investors from seasoned to rookies! Best of luck!