Hey everyone! I’m new on the site and new to real estate investing. I’m looking to invest in the Orange Beach/Destin/Santa Rosa beach (30A) area. Does anyone have any insight on which area would be best for a rental? Can anyone recommend a broker in the area? Thanks!!
General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 463 posts · 642 votes
3y
I have a few properties along 30A and would definitely suggest utilizing our Agent Finder (https://www.biggerpockets.com/...) to find investor-friendly agents who specialize in that area! There is a big difference in residential vs. investor purchases there, considering the amount of STRs along the beach.
Investor · Alpharetta GA and Destin, FL · Member since 2020 · 68 posts · 55 votes
3y
Hi there,
I live on 30A in Santa Rosa Beach (Dune Allen - west end) and there are much better deals in regards to ROI in Panama City Beach. Port St Joe near Apalachicola is another community that is thriving. They can't build enough houses right now and the STR scene is growing and prices are stable.
30A properties have exploded in value in the last 18 months (great for people who already own but not for new acquisitions).
Hey everyone! I’m new on the site and new to real estate investing. I’m looking to invest in the Orange Beach/Destin/Santa Rosa beach (30A) area. Does anyone have any insight on which area would be best for a rental? Can anyone recommend a broker in the area? Thanks!!
Good afternoon, we build and flip on 30A. I am seeing good opportunities on the west side of 30A or a good appreciation play in Inlet beach. Are you wanting to buy a condo, townhome or beach house? Some areas are better than areas depending on which area of 30A you would like to focus on.
Real Estate Agent · Fort Walton Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 144 posts · 114 votes
3y
Hey Chad! I am investor and agent here in Destin/Fort Walton Beach - happy to help if you need help! As others have mentioned, price appreciation over the past few years have made finding deals harder, but there are certainly still deals, and very lucrative deals at that.
Real Estate Broker · Fairhope, AL · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 18 votes
3y
@Chad Deville Hey Chad, I’m a licensed broker in both AL/FL. My coverage area along the coast is from Ft. Morgan/Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Key. Would love to have a conversation with you if you are still looking to invest in these markets. 😎