Hey there, long time wannabe (multifamily investor) here. I've done plenty of reading, just needing to follow through with that action now.
Curious to see if anyone knows about or can recommend any resources for analyzing deals, penciling numbers/cash flow, and key metrics relating to researching markets. I am a hands on learner so being provided with work or tasks is how I typically learn best.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Right here on BiggerPockets has a cost calculator you can run numbers through. Also, I'd recommend chatting with an investor friendly realtor in your local market to help guide you! They can be a tremendous resource if you find the right one.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 137 posts · 106 votes
3y
Hey Ken! Just hit the MLS and underwrite properties daily.
Find properties in areas you like and run them through your spreadsheet. You should pull rent comps, figure out the tax rate, search up PM fees, research local vacancy rates, etc. Doing this daily will help you spot killer deals quickly and help you realize what’s truly achievable in your market.
A lot of would be investors never start because they are shooting for returns their market doesn’t provide. Underwriting daily will help you clearly understand what’s out there.