Military Veteran looking to start investing.

Military Veteran looking to start investing.

Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi, I'm new to Bigger Pockets, but I'm looking to start investing in Real Estate. I'm looking for direction as to what research as far as benefits go with Veterans looking to invest in properties. Thank you! 

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Christian BachelderBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Marina del Rey, CA · Member since 2018 · 105 posts · 25 votes
3y

As Hamp stated, USE YOUR VA LOAN. It is like a cheat code to get started. I still have sticker shock when we close VA loans, when compared to conventional, with the rates being so much lower, no PMI, and 0 down payment requirements. Incredible product for our awesome veterans that we love offering.

Reach out to a broker to get a couple different quotes and get pre approved to see what you can buy!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    The VA home loan is one of the greatest entitlements for servicemembers, veterans, and eligible surviving spouses. I have three VA loans with two of the properties currently being used as rentals at my previous duty assignment. I'm still active duty Air Force.

    Benefits of the VA home loan include:

    ✅ No down payment required from the VA

    ✅ Competitively low interest rates

    ✅ Limited closing costs

    ✅ No private mortgage insurance

    ✅ The VA home loan is a lifetime benefit that can be used multiple times.

    If you want to know more, check out this site: https://www.veteransunited.com...

    I'm free to chat about my journey and how you can start yours as well.

    I wish you all the best in your investing journey!

  • Christian BachelderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Marina del Rey, CA · Member since 2018 · 105 posts · 25 votes
    3y

    As Hamp stated, USE YOUR VA LOAN. It is like a cheat code to get started. I still have sticker shock when we close VA loans, when compared to conventional, with the rates being so much lower, no PMI, and 0 down payment requirements. Incredible product for our awesome veterans that we love offering.

    Reach out to a broker to get a couple different quotes and get pre approved to see what you can buy!

  • David MackinBusiness Member
    Lender · Westminster, CO · Member since 2021 · 92 posts · 86 votes
    3y

    The VA loan is amazing. It can even be used for multiple properties in specific cases.
    No monthly MI, 0% down, lower rates.
    There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to VA loans, so make sure you reach out to a good lender that will go over all the benefits and bust any myths that you may have heard.

    Best of luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Emerald Coast, FL · Member since 2016 · 820 posts · 486 votes
    3y

    You just can't use VA for STRs. (Thought I'd pop in and say that in case you were wondering.)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.