Contractor in Nashville for outdoor stairs

Contractor in Nashville for outdoor stairs

Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 8 votes

Hi!

I’m first time homeowner in Nashville, and I’m living here, fixing it up to rent out. I’m wondering if anyone has any contractor recommendations to build an outdoor staircase? The stairs at the house now are falling apart. I’m also interested in fixing up the back deck, but I’m starting here! 

I don’t think it will be a huge job - I’ve been having trouble finding a reliable contractor for it, and the quotes have ranged wildly (from 7K to below 2K). Any help is much appreciated! Picture included. 

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    Hey Sam and congrats on purchasing your first home and also starting to renovate to rent it out. I am a project manager for Pinnacle Construction based out of Mt Juliet. We are general contractors with contacts in all construction trades. I could definitely send some information to our deck/fence contact and see if we could give you an estimated price. If you want to shoot me an email with some details of how simple you would like the staircase to be and your budget, I would love to help you out. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Sam Robbins

    I have a guy I can recommend, but my question is if you already have quotes with large ranges why don't you pick one of them? 

    I can't imagine anyone would do it for less than 2k so it sounds like you already have someone? 

    When it comes to contractors, there is NO telling what you're going to get. It's the one exception when it comes to "you get what you pay for". I have paid a lot of money for garbage work and I have also paid dirt cheap prices for quality work. 

    A good example here is I had this exact same project many years ago. I paid $3k to replace the stairs leading into a quadplex. The contractor replaced a few treads, some hand rails and stained over the remaining deck. Within a month the nails started popping out already. Very much got ripped off. 

    The best you can do is ask for pictures or references of previous projects to see how they have done. 

  • Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Ah, I forgot to include it - they’ve been very non-responsive and unreliable (which I know is common), and I have a somewhat tight schedule I need it done by, so I figured I’d reach out here. I’m really just starting out in all of this so I’m not sure how it works!

    Good to know about the “you get what you pay for” thing with this. I’ve been suspecting that with contractors as I’ve been getting work done to fix this place up, but I’ve been lucky so far.



Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.