What is the best place to start?

What is the best place to start?

Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 3 votes

Hello! I have always been very interested in investing in rental properties. Ever since I was little. I've had numerous family members who became very successful in it and I would like to follow. (All of which are sadly gone now). But I have read many books and watched tons of videos but I guess I find myself lost on where to start. I've been working a min wage job for last 5 years and have nothing to really show for it. I just seem to get discouraged by the big prices of houses here in Florida. Even the run down places. Any suggestions would be greatly suggested. Or even book recommendations or courses as well! Thank you!

3Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Lakeland, FL · Member since 2018 · 242 posts · 148 votes
3y
Quote from @Avery Dillman:

Hello! I have always been very interested in investing in rental properties. Ever since I was little. I've had numerous family members who became very successful in it and I would like to follow. (All of which are sadly gone now). But I have read many books and watched tons of videos but I guess I find myself lost on where to start. I've been working a min wage job for last 5 years and have nothing to really show for it. I just seem to get discouraged by the big prices of houses here in Florida. Even the run down places. Any suggestions would be greatly suggested. Or even book recommendations or courses as well! Thank you!


It is possible and you can do it. My wife and I contacted a lender last year and that one step set everything into motion, we now house hack a home in central Florida. Don't give up and make one call today to a lender or realtor and get the ball moving forward!
See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Emerald Coast, FL · Member since 2016 · 820 posts · 486 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Avery Dillman:

    Hello! I have always been very interested in investing in rental properties. Ever since I was little. I've had numerous family members who became very successful in it and I would like to follow. (All of which are sadly gone now). But I have read many books and watched tons of videos but I guess I find myself lost on where to start. I've been working a min wage job for last 5 years and have nothing to really show for it. I just seem to get discouraged by the big prices of houses here in Florida. Even the run down places. Any suggestions would be greatly suggested. Or even book recommendations or courses as well! Thank you!


    "Big prices" is a relative statement.  Are you prequalIfied and know how much you can afford?  How much do you have to put down?  Where are you looking?  Do you have a good realtor on your team?  These are the places to start.  You have to know what's so about your financial situation.  Get in reality about what you have, own, and owe, and go from there.  

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 427 posts · 254 votes
    3y

    Do your due diligence and devise an investment strategy. Also, don't worry about "big prices." Get in touch with a lender and see if you can get pre-approved. Once you are given this, you will know your budget and can begin focusing on your prices. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.