Architect with 30+ Years in Residential Design Seeks Oahu Infill Development Advice

Architect with 30+ Years in Residential Design Seeks Oahu Infill Development Advice

Architect · Kaneohe, HI · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Considering my background in residential and light-commercial design, I aim to break into real estate investing, focusing on infill development on Oahu. Specifically, I'm interested in developing underutilized residential properties to maximize their FAR and unlock their investment potential. While I am familiar with the relevant codes, I seek advice and strategies to enter this field. How can I effectively leverage my skills and expertise in residential design to succeed in infill development on Oahu?

0Reply
7 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Boulder, CO · Member since 2018 · 530 posts · 365 votes
    3y

    @Jim Kane In my opinion, as an experienced architect, your experience places you in a great position to transition into development.

    Your first step should be to learn the language and metrics of commercial real estate and how to use them to conduct pro forma analysis.

    Let me know if you want to discuss this further with me.

  • Architect · Kaneohe, HI · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thank you for your reply  Barry.  I am taking that first step now to learn what you've suggested and I'm open to discuss this with you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.