Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
I grew up on a farm, so I'm have warm spot for ag, but you have to make sure there is a market for it. How quickly are homes moving in the area (Average Days on Market). Is there a market for rentals? A lot of investment/commercial lenders in the US (I see you're in Canada), avoid lending in rural markets as they are concerned with resale/rental demand. Your question is a good one, but there isn't enough information to give you a great answer. If you're talking about a short-term rental in the middle of California Wine-Country vinyards, then that might be a great place to have one. If however your talking about a rental in the middle of the country where I grew up in Central IL, there isn't going to be the market for that.