How to purchase my first property in this market

How to purchase my first property in this market

Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hello everyone , this is my first post .

I’m looking to get my first rental property in Louisiana . I’d like some advice on how to use my savings wisely to do this, so this may fall into some personal finance advise as well.

I’m looking to see if this is even an okay time to buy a property with the high interest rates .

I have been saving up with 100k in savings . How much money would be an acceptable amount to put into my first property?  

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    can you house hack

  • Investor · CO · Member since 2016 · 757 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    @Zachary Gooden Welcome!

    The answer is always: it depends. Not I helpful, I know.

    Start with the goal in mind and work your way backward.

    Personally, I don't sweat the interest rates. I can always refinance when the rates come down and I'm in the camp that they will.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.