Fayetteville, NC Market Research

Fayetteville, NC Market Research

New to Real Estate · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 5 votes

I'm currently researching markets for out of state investing. I have heard good things about Fayetteville for BRRRR's, Cashflow, and STR. I'm just starting out and looking for cashflow, but would someday like to transition to STR while still gaining appreciation. Are there certain neighborhoods that are better than others? Looking for any knowledge from those in the area. Thanks!

0Reply
37 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 21 votes
2y

Jen,

As Hannah has pointed out and as you have learned from the podcasts, Fayetteville is a great market for cash flow! I have worked with other BPers here previously and have found success in the lower to mid price points for "starter homes". Manufactured homes are also very successful in this market. Unfortunately, the popularity of small multi families has blown up in the past few years making those deals hard to come by. The main thing to be concerned with in Fayetteville is making sure you have someone boots on the ground who knows the area as it can go from good to bad relatively quickly. Good luck!

Adrien

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jason WrayPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Jen,

    Fayetteville is a great location and the prices are still reasonable when it comes to both SFR's and 2-4 units. I think the best option is to search based on the property type your trying to pick up as the next REI. To be completely transparent and from a bankers standpoint the deal is the biggest compensating factor. Even in cases where you see homes that may not be on the best street or area its still a future investment.

    One thing to keep in mind is all neighborhoods will go through a gentrification sooner than later.

  • New to Real Estate · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    Thanks Jason, 

    I am considering small multi family so that is encouraging to hear. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2023 · 24 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    Hi Jen,

    Fayetteville was just rated as part of the top 10 Cash Flow Markets for 2024 by BiggerPockets. With the military base close by, single family homes and multi-family homes are in high demand. Cliffdale and Raeford are good areas and are still close to the base. It all depends on the deal and what you are looking for.

  • New to Real Estate · Boise, ID · Member since 2023 · 26 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Hannah Roach:

    Hi Jen,

    Fayetteville was just rated as part of the top 10 Cash Flow Markets for 2024 by BiggerPockets. With the military base close by, single family homes and multi-family homes are in high demand. Cliffdale and Raeford are good areas and are still close to the base. It all depends on the deal and what you are looking for.

    Thanks Hannah! The BP list is actually why I’m considering Fayetteville. I have visited in the past and enjoyed the area. I will also check out the areas you mentioned. Ideally I am looking for small multi family, but I’m wondering if single family would be more prevalent near the base with military families. 
  • Property Manager · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 21 votes
    2y

    Jen,

    As Hannah has pointed out and as you have learned from the podcasts, Fayetteville is a great market for cash flow! I have worked with other BPers here previously and have found success in the lower to mid price points for "starter homes". Manufactured homes are also very successful in this market. Unfortunately, the popularity of small multi families has blown up in the past few years making those deals hard to come by. The main thing to be concerned with in Fayetteville is making sure you have someone boots on the ground who knows the area as it can go from good to bad relatively quickly. Good luck!

    Adrien

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.