New Investor Excited to Learn and Grow!

New Investor Excited to Learn and Grow!

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Brooks, and I'm thrilled to be a part of this community! I'm just beginning my journey in real estate with a goal to flip properties and build a portfolio of rental properties. Ultimately, my dream is to create a stream of passive income that will allow me to retire early and spend more quality time with my two wonderful kids, Brooklynn and Bryce. Bryce has special needs, and being able to be there for him and provide the best care is my top priority.

I'm eager to learn from the wealth of experience and knowledge in this group. Whether you're an investor, agent, or lender, your insights and advice would be invaluable to me as I embark on this path. If anyone has tips on finding good deals, financing options, or navigating the challenges of flipping and renting properties, I'd love to hear from you.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you and building a supportive network as we grow and succeed together in this exciting industry!

Best regards,

Michael Brooks

1Reply
25 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mackaylee BeachPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
    2y

    Welcome to BP. It's fantastic to see that you have set your ideal goals! Never stop learning and always remember that networking is crucial in the real estate industry. Best of luck to you.

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    2y

    It's great you are getting started. The first thing I would ask in what you said is to define what you believe passive income to be. Passive income is something talked about, but the majority of real estate investing is far from passive and what is called passive has payments for the passivity (management).

    Your why is strong, to provide generational wealth for your family and likely achieve time freedom long-term, that's awesome. But you want to set a realistic base around that why.

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mackaylee Beach:

    Welcome to BP. It's fantastic to see that you have set your ideal goals! Never stop learning and always remember that networking is crucial in the real estate industry. Best of luck to you.


     Thank you!

  • Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    It's great you are getting started. The first thing I would ask in what you said is to define what you believe passive income to be. Passive income is something talked about, but the majority of real estate investing is far from passive and what is called passive has payments for the passivity (management).

    Your why is strong, to provide generational wealth for your family and likely achieve time freedom long-term, that's awesome. But you want to set a realistic base around that why.

    Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate your question and perspective on passive income. For me, passive income means generating steady revenue streams with minimal day-to-day involvement, allowing me to focus on other important aspects of my life, like spending quality time with my kids. I understand that real estate investing often requires active management and effort, especially in the beginning.


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.