Jacksonville Section 8 B & C Neighborhoods

Jacksonville Section 8 B & C Neighborhoods

Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi all,

I am looking to invest in Jacksonville, FL while living in Boca Raton, FL. Looking to purchase in the 32208, 32209, 32206, or 32254 area, just wanted to ask for those who are familiar with that area or perhaps work in those zip codes. My buybox is <150k, as turnkey as possible, 3 bed, prefer 2 bath but will do 1 bath for the right deal, neighborhoods with lower crimes than the nearby areas, rent at <1.5k. Also, any tips y'all would give to people who are just starting out, also I am open to other nearby areas where barrier to entry is still relatively low. Thank you in advance, all advice is welcome!

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 479 posts · 277 votes
1y
Quote from @Daniel Sam:

Hi all,

I am looking to invest in Jacksonville, FL while living in Boca Raton, FL. Looking to purchase in the 32208, 32209, 32206, or 32254 area, just wanted to ask for those who are familiar with that area or perhaps work in those zip codes. My buybox is <150k, as turnkey as possible, 3 bed, prefer 2 bath but will do 1 bath for the right deal, neighborhoods with lower crimes than the nearby areas, rent at <1.5k. Also, any tips y'all would give to people who are just starting out, also I am open to other nearby areas where barrier to entry is still relatively low. Thank you in advance, all advice is welcome!

 @Daniel Sam just did a quick search on Zillow in those areas roughly (just put the map over those general zip codes) and there are about 152 homes currently listed for sale that are 3+ bedrooms, less than $150k, and single-family houses. A couple of them look renovated or in decent shape from photos. 

However, I will warn you that these zip codes are not B & C areas, I have been investing in Jax since 2017 and lived there 2020-2023, and these are C and mainly D areas. I would not buy in these areas and I would not manage for other owners in these areas. I would check crimemapping.com because I would not consider any of these zip codes as low crime. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 957 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Daniel Sam:

    Hi all,

    I am looking to invest in Jacksonville, FL while living in Boca Raton, FL. Looking to purchase in the 32208, 32209, 32206, or 32254 area, just wanted to ask for those who are familiar with that area or perhaps work in those zip codes. My buybox is <150k, as turnkey as possible, 3 bed, prefer 2 bath but will do 1 bath for the right deal, neighborhoods with lower crimes than the nearby areas, rent at <1.5k. Also, any tips y'all would give to people who are just starting out, also I am open to other nearby areas where barrier to entry is still relatively low. Thank you in advance, all advice is welcome!


     Hi Dan, fellow Boca resident here.  Happy to discuss the financing aspect of this if you'd like.

  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 479 posts · 277 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Daniel Sam:

    Hi all,

    I am looking to invest in Jacksonville, FL while living in Boca Raton, FL. Looking to purchase in the 32208, 32209, 32206, or 32254 area, just wanted to ask for those who are familiar with that area or perhaps work in those zip codes. My buybox is <150k, as turnkey as possible, 3 bed, prefer 2 bath but will do 1 bath for the right deal, neighborhoods with lower crimes than the nearby areas, rent at <1.5k. Also, any tips y'all would give to people who are just starting out, also I am open to other nearby areas where barrier to entry is still relatively low. Thank you in advance, all advice is welcome!

     @Daniel Sam just did a quick search on Zillow in those areas roughly (just put the map over those general zip codes) and there are about 152 homes currently listed for sale that are 3+ bedrooms, less than $150k, and single-family houses. A couple of them look renovated or in decent shape from photos. 

    However, I will warn you that these zip codes are not B & C areas, I have been investing in Jax since 2017 and lived there 2020-2023, and these are C and mainly D areas. I would not buy in these areas and I would not manage for other owners in these areas. I would check crimemapping.com because I would not consider any of these zip codes as low crime. 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Chris Grenzig:
    Quote from @Daniel Sam:

    Hi all,

    I am looking to invest in Jacksonville, FL while living in Boca Raton, FL. Looking to purchase in the 32208, 32209, 32206, or 32254 area, just wanted to ask for those who are familiar with that area or perhaps work in those zip codes. My buybox is <150k, as turnkey as possible, 3 bed, prefer 2 bath but will do 1 bath for the right deal, neighborhoods with lower crimes than the nearby areas, rent at <1.5k. Also, any tips y'all would give to people who are just starting out, also I am open to other nearby areas where barrier to entry is still relatively low. Thank you in advance, all advice is welcome!

     @Daniel Sam just did a quick search on Zillow in those areas roughly (just put the map over those general zip codes) and there are about 152 homes currently listed for sale that are 3+ bedrooms, less than $150k, and single-family houses. A couple of them look renovated or in decent shape from photos. 

    However, I will warn you that these zip codes are not B & C areas, I have been investing in Jax since 2017 and lived there 2020-2023, and these are C and mainly D areas. I would not buy in these areas and I would not manage for other owners in these areas. I would check crimemapping.com because I would not consider any of these zip codes as low crime. 

    Thank you so much for the advice! Are there any other zipcodes in the area where you would invest or do invest in? I have really only been looking at 32208, would this be considered a C neighborhood? I know the entire zipcode will have better and worse areas so which of the towns would you suggest? I have been looking at Riverview, Lake Forest and Lake Forest Hills, also Ribault and Ribault Manor. Any of these classified as C? Thank you again!
  • Property Manager · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 479 posts · 277 votes
    1y

    @Daniel Sam I have avoided 32208 and 32209 entirely so I do not have any information on specific areas within those zip codes. We typically look for C+ areas at a minimum but moreso B- areas or better. Because those 4 zip codes are probably C areas at best I have just avoided them so I would not be a good source of information for you in this manner unfortunately. 

    I would check out the yellowbird facebook group, it's extremely active and focused on just Jacksonville and there will be people in the group that know the areas much better than me. 

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    32208, most of 32254 are low crime, C class. I own about 30 homes in these zipcodes for 15 years and have had ZERO crime issues. It's all just a myth...32209 even has good pockets but most of it is crime ridden. 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    1y
    Quote from @Mark Fries:

    32208, most of 32254 are low crime, C class. I own about 30 homes in these zipcodes for 15 years and have had ZERO crime issues. It's all just a myth...32209 even has good pockets but most of it is crime ridden. 


     Thank you so much for that! I was starting to get a little concerned, I always saw other people investing in this area which I knew came with its difficulties but as long as tenant screening and property checks out I know it would work. If you don't mind me asking do you rent out to market tenants or section 8? Also which neighborhoods inside of 32208 would you recommend? I have been seeing Lake Forest and Lake Forest Hills as well as Ribault and Riverview as solid options but was wondering which of those you would recommend the most for cash flow and buy and hold strategies. I am out of town so I am looking for turnkey properties, ready to rent for day 1 also considering properties that already have a solid tenant in place. I look forward to connecting with you!

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    We don't do any section 8. All of those areas within the zip code are fine! I'm also a contractor and a roofer. If you need any help, let me know! Thx

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.