Involved In Real Estate · Center Line, MI · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 24 votes
I am a full time hotel manager and a real estate agent as well as an investor. I am looking for anyone that can offer advice on the secret to balancing all of these successfully. I have been working on the discipline of setting and following a schedule, but for all of my full time workers/investors out there, how do you do it?
Involved In Real Estate · Hyattsville , MD · Member since 2011 · 298 posts · 256 votes
12y
I know this is going to be counter what everyone else has said but I heard this listening to a tape from Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)and another guy- can't remember who right now. There is no such thing as balance- Balance is something you get after you have arrived or achieved at your goal whether that be tons of rentals, flips or whatever your goal.
During your pursuit of it there is no such thing as balance- That means if you are employed you will be spending an insane amount of time working on your real estate stuff, you will not spend as much time with family friends etc. That is called sacrifice and its what you do to get where you need to go..
As Jim Rohn put it you have to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 4 votes
12y
Alton, a virtual assistant is the way to go my friend. The more you can "automate" your investing business, the more time you will gain to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Involved In Real Estate · Hyattsville , MD · Member since 2011 · 298 posts · 256 votes
12y
I know this is going to be counter what everyone else has said but I heard this listening to a tape from Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)and another guy- can't remember who right now. There is no such thing as balance- Balance is something you get after you have arrived or achieved at your goal whether that be tons of rentals, flips or whatever your goal.
During your pursuit of it there is no such thing as balance- That means if you are employed you will be spending an insane amount of time working on your real estate stuff, you will not spend as much time with family friends etc. That is called sacrifice and its what you do to get where you need to go..
As Jim Rohn put it you have to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
I know this is going to be counter what everyone else has said but I heard this listening to a tape from Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)and another guy- can't remember who right now. There is no such thing as balance- Balance is something you get after you have arrived or achieved at your goal whether that be tons of rentals, flips or whatever your goal.
During your pursuit of it there is no such thing as balance- That means if you are employed you will be spending an insane amount of time working on your real estate stuff, you will not spend as much time with family friends etc. That is called sacrifice and its what you do to get where you need to go..
As Jim Rohn put it you have to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
This.
There is no balance for me right now. My husband and I are full time engineers, and also own a triplex (locally) and two fourplexes (out of state), and we are looking to buy more. Whenever I am not at work, I am researching other markets, handling issues with our current properties, on BP, etc. We do not have much time for fun. We even use our vacation time to go work on our rentals (though that should be less now that we have done most of the improvements we planned on). We are very ambitious, and have been sacrificing fun, stuff, and time with family (and forget about having friends), all with the plan of me being able to be a stay at home mom when we have kids, and so my husband can retire young. We know it will be worth it, though, when I am there to see first steps, first words, first day of school, my husband gets to retire young and we can do all our hobbies and travels and everything else.