What real estate books would you guys recommend

What real estate books would you guys recommend

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hey! I’m 18 and super interested in real estate. I want to learn as much as I can before diving into the investing world. I just finished The Book On Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner, and it made me even more excited and determined about getting into this business. What books would you recommend for someone who’s just starting out? Thanks!

0Reply
30 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hong Kong · Member since 2024 · 161 posts · 57 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Mario Sanchez:

    Hey! I’m 18 and super interested in real estate. I want to learn as much as I can before diving into the investing world. I just finished The Book On Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner, and it made me even more excited and determined about getting into this business. What books would you recommend for someone who’s just starting out? Thanks!


     I just finished reading The ABCs of Real Estate Investing and ABCs of Buying Rental Property by Ken McElroy. I think they contain solid information and will help lay a good foundation as a beginner (Haha, I'm completely new to real estate as well, btw)

    I'm also going to be reading the following books, and hopefully I can finish all by the end of this month:
    1) The ABCs of Property Management
    2) The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing
    3) Long-Distance Real Estate Investing How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties (this might be the most important one to me personally)
    4) The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down

    In addition to reading, I'm consuming crazy amounts of youtube videos, and I'recommend you do this as well. My personal thoughts are to search for "deal analysis" kinds of videos on youtube. They tend to have less fluff and more actionable useable content. Bigger pockets videos can sometimes be too wordy and irrelevant to my liking. I still watch them sometimes since every day, while eating lunch at work, I watch real estate-related videos on YouTube. 

    Maybe someone else will chime in with better book recommendations. I started with Ken McElroy's books, because 1) clearly he knows what he is talking about given his track record and trajectory and 2) because I had easy access to them. 

  • Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    I am new to real estate as well and this list is very appreciated to me as well. I have time now, and I want to be a sponge. Thank you for sharing this information. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.