10k in the Bank, Job Offer, Next Steps?
Seeking advice on next steps to get started. Any input helps! Not to make this post too long, but here are the logistics:
Graduating college in December of 25, just received a full time offer from my internship with start date in the summer of 26 in Dallas, 10k in savings, no student debt, and do not want to rent when I start.
Have done a few posts on here now asking for advice. In my last post I was asking/considering a condo as my first property. The HOA fees, small equity growth, and having someone be able to tell you what to do kind of turned me away from looking that direction.
After further diving in, I think a house hack makes the most sense for my scenario. I have a bunch of buddies from my college/old roommates moving to Dallas to start work in the same time frame.
My main question is what steps should I be taking right now to make it an achievable goal to own a house next summer? Do I need to talk to real estate agents, lenders, etc? As of currently, I have just been running analysis on houses in the DFW metroplex with an excel sheet I made becoming familiar with neighborhoods.
Lastly, shoot me straight, do you think buying a house with 10k in the bank is too thin to get started? That is really all I have to put into it. However, I do get a $5,000 bonus if I pass certifications before my start date next summer (pass CPA exams).
Thank you for taking the time to read this and anything helps,
Charlie