how do I determine the best county to invest?

how do I determine the best county to invest?

Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi guys

I am preparing to start investing in RE and I would like to know if there is a way to find out what's the best county to invest in my surroundings.

For instance... is there a way to see where the population is moving to?

What are the fastest growing zip codes?

Where is the income growing and the unemployment dropping?

Things like that, which could tell where to aim and what to stay away from.

Thanks .

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
12y

Hello Elvis,

I to am a new investor and was asking the same questions. So I will pass on same of the same information I was receiving. 1 book that kept coming up was "Emerging Real Estate Markets", How to find and Profit from Up-and-Coming Areas by David Lindahl. Search this website for information on your surrounding area.

www.city-data.com

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Learning markets is a bit of a process. A few things that you can do to get started would be to look at average days on market in an area that you're interested in. Talk to realtors, other investors, home buyers, and anyone else that is paying attention. You can look at things like population changes but you have to look at the big picture, the market as a whole. Good luck.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cypress, CA · Member since 2013 · 877 posts · 94 votes
    12y

    Hello Elvis,

    I to am a new investor and was asking the same questions. So I will pass on same of the same information I was receiving. 1 book that kept coming up was "Emerging Real Estate Markets", How to find and Profit from Up-and-Coming Areas by David Lindahl. Search this website for information on your surrounding area.

    www.city-data.com

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Elvis Duarte

    To find out about an area go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what parts of the city they like/dislike and why. Ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Paul

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.