how do I determine the best county to invest?

3 Replies

Hi guys

I am preparing to start investing in RE and I would like to know if there is a way to find out what's the best county to invest in my surroundings.

For instance... is there a way to see where the population is moving to?

What are the fastest growing zip codes?

Where is the income growing and the unemployment dropping?

Things like that, which could tell where to aim and what to stay away from.

Thanks .

Learning markets is a bit of a process. A few things that you can do to get started would be to look at average days on market in an area that you're interested in. Talk to realtors, other investors, home buyers, and anyone else that is paying attention. You can look at things like population changes but you have to look at the big picture, the market as a whole. Good luck.

Hello Elvis,

I to am a new investor and was asking the same questions. So I will pass on same of the same information I was receiving. 1 book that kept coming up was "Emerging Real Estate Markets", How to find and Profit from Up-and-Coming Areas by David Lindahl. Search this website for information on your surrounding area.

www.city-data.com

@Elvis Duarte

To find out about an area go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what parts of the city they like/dislike and why. Ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here