2 acres land- ideas what can be done

2 acres land- ideas what can be done

Member since 2018 · 234 posts · 44 votes

I have two acres near Freeport Tx. I am looking for ideas an suggestions on what can be done. Looking for creative ways to generate income without big investment such as homes or Appartments. 

This is first time I am getting into lots so open to hearing from others. Land has all the utilities and is in residential and zoned mixed commercial/ multi family

0Reply
89 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
11mo
Quote from @Mak J.:

I have two acres near Freeport Tx. I am looking for ideas an suggestions on what can be done. Looking for creative ways to generate income without big investment such as homes or Appartments. 

This is first time I am getting into lots so open to hearing from others. Land has all the utilities and is in residential and zoned mixed commercial/ multi family

it will be difficult for anyone to give you an answer since you will need to look intothe zoning rules and regulations, you could build a 100 story apartment building, a mobile home park or absolutley nothing - it will depend on the zoninig.from there you need to then do a market study to see if what you want to build will actually be profitable. Every use case does not work at every location. 
7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mak J.:

    I have two acres near Freeport Tx. I am looking for ideas an suggestions on what can be done. Looking for creative ways to generate income without big investment such as homes or Appartments. 

    This is first time I am getting into lots so open to hearing from others. Land has all the utilities and is in residential and zoned mixed commercial/ multi family

    it will be difficult for anyone to give you an answer since you will need to look intothe zoning rules and regulations, you could build a 100 story apartment building, a mobile home park or absolutley nothing - it will depend on the zoninig.from there you need to then do a market study to see if what you want to build will actually be profitable. Every use case does not work at every location. 
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Samuel CoronadoPro Member
    Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2016 · 336 posts · 181 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mak J.:

    I have two acres near Freeport Tx. I am looking for ideas an suggestions on what can be done. Looking for creative ways to generate income without big investment such as homes or Appartments. 

    This is first time I am getting into lots so open to hearing from others. Land has all the utilities and is in residential and zoned mixed commercial/ multi family


     Can you drop the address? I can give some clearer information. Also like Chris said, zoning is the first stop when looking at this kind of thing 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2022 · 135 posts · 84 votes
    11mo

    Hey Mak, 

    Sounds interesting. Other than zoning, you will want to look at the flood zone (if any) it is located in. That part of Southern TX also has special windstorm ratings that structures being built need to adhere to. I'm from Lake Jackson so very familiar with the area. 

    I'm a Real Estate agent, investor, Builder/Developer in central Houston. Real out with any specific questions. 

    - Chris Kersey 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.