High-end 'Flips' with a Marketer's Mindset

High-end 'Flips' with a Marketer's Mindset

Member since 2026 · 1 post · 2 votes

I'm a former marketer at Nike turned contractor that is exploring 'flipping' forgotten by time - focusing on higher-end homes. The thought is to seek out design partners / architects based on the style of the home who can help bring it up to it's modern potential, which will require more capital. 

With 17 years of deep marketing expereince, I would intend to tell the story of the home, from start to finish, treating it much like a product launch. It would cater to 'real-estate' voyeurs and those interested in interior design / high end builds. The objective is building an engaged, captive audience so when it comes to market, the demand already exists. Aside from social media channels, there would be a concerted effort around PR with relevant publications such as AD, Dwell and others.

I'm just not sure where to start - specifically, I don't have the capital to get going so I'm seeking investors who are open to taking on the risk of a higher-end remodel that elevates a home, not just flips it for a quit sale.

Is there appetite for this out there? 

2Reply
117 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1mo

    Hello @Jaro Pylypczak and welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

    Awesome back story, this is a very interesting vision. I have a friend in marketing who I draw a lot of inspiration from when it comes to marketing properties - especially higher-end, newly built/renovated properties.

    I believe there are some ways that product launches can be applied to property launches. A lot will depend on local demand - do local buyers have an appetite for high-end homes in the area?

    What is current inventory like, how long do high-end properties stay on the market, how much are they selling for?

    I believe investors and capital partners would certainly be open to your plans here but it will depend on the price you're buying the property for, reno costs, local demand & supply, and resale value. 

    If the numbers make sense, not only will investors be interested, they'll gladly hand the baton to you when it's time to begin marketing it.

    Lastly, another friend of mine (coincidentally related to my marketing friend) recently purchased a property in New York from a famous architect. He is remodeling the home and is telling the story of the home and project. From what I've seen so far, he has begun the story by speaking about the original construction and introducing the architect. Super interesting and captivating.

    Hope this helps.

    All the best!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • V.G JasonPro Member
    Investor · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1mo
    Quote from @Jaro Pylypczak:

    I'm a former marketer at Nike turned contractor that is exploring 'flipping' forgotten by time - focusing on higher-end homes. The thought is to seek out design partners / architects based on the style of the home who can help bring it up to it's modern potential, which will require more capital. 

    With 17 years of deep marketing expereince, I would intend to tell the story of the home, from start to finish, treating it much like a product launch. It would cater to 'real-estate' voyeurs and those interested in interior design / high end builds. The objective is building an engaged, captive audience so when it comes to market, the demand already exists. Aside from social media channels, there would be a concerted effort around PR with relevant publications such as AD, Dwell and others.

    I'm just not sure where to start - specifically, I don't have the capital to get going so I'm seeking investors who are open to taking on the risk of a higher-end remodel that elevates a home, not just flips it for a quit sale.

    Is there appetite for this out there? 


     You'd need an equity partner for this. The ones really into it usually do it themselves, but yes they're out there. 

    You'd need to pitch the whole nine yards for each house --architecture, fit in local, pre sale channels, proforma-- then the preferred return and equity split. 

    With no experience & no capital, you'd need to pair with an architect, real estate brokerage, etc., yet still be the proprietary piece which the equity investor will question deeply. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.