First bandit sign campaign

First bandit sign campaign

Wholesaler · Clearfield, UT · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes

This weekend I did my first bandit sign campaign! I went to pick them up on sunday evening and after puttting out 25 of them 9 were gone. I was pretty upset and so far I have got one call. What was weird was that some of the signs were taken off the posts and some of the posts and signs were gone. I cant seem to figure out if it were the different cities or business that took the signs or just people being A holes. I sure am not expecting to get amazing results right away but I wasn't expecting to lose that many signs. Any thoughts, comments, or advice?

0Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
12y

Darren, nobody cares about how you react to negativity, or is scared about you not playing nice. When you post here, you don't get to choose who comments. When you put bandit signs out, they're illegal, and it's ridiculous to expect someone to call you so you can come save your $1.50. People will throw them away, use them for garage sale signs, work for food signs, whatever. It's part of the drill. If $14 upsets you, you're in the wrong biz.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    @Darren Nichols

    You mentioned " The one issue I have is if a business takes the sign why can't they just call me and say it's not allowed..."

    Did you do the reverse and ask was it okay to place the sign at that location? I guess it couldnt have been called a bandit sign if so but it seems being that it was that could be expected.

    Also it doesnt neccessarily mean that the business is the one that took it down either.

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2013 · 266 posts · 51 votes
    12y

    Darren,

    I was on my way to work on memorial day, and noticed roy city picking up bandit signs and throwing them away. did u have any in that city

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Darren Nichols:
    This will be the very last post from me on this topic. I appreciate those that have offered advice that was in no way condescending. ..... I will do what I have to do to be successful within the parameters of the law even if it means putting out ghetto bandit signs.

    Thanks for all the replies :)

    "There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." ~ Aristotle

  • Tom MolePro Member
    Investor · Sunland, CA · Member since 2013 · 260 posts · 240 votes
    12y

    Wow! What a fun thread. So much drama. I'm sure glad I don't have dog in this fight. The last five episodes of Bridezillas seemed boring next this food fight.

    I appreciate what you're saying @Darren Nichols . I think everyone else does too, but seriously, if I saw one of your signs in my neighborhood, I'd take it down and feel good that I did. Bandit sign, legal or not, are just another type of graffiti in my humble opinion.

    I wish you well in your business. If you can get your thinking right, you seem to have the boldness to be successful. For my part however I would not work with you. You scare me. Who cares about bandit signs anyway. You will fail unless you very quickly learn to play well with others. (Several others of us might also take a lesson here.)

    All the best.

    @Darren Nichols

  • Real Estate Investor · Waterbury, CT · Member since 2012 · 117 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    @Darren Nichols 

    Where did you get your signs from?

  • Wholesaler · Clearfield, UT · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    http://www.regionalsupply.com/default.aspx?Page=Ho...

    A local company here in Salt Lake City

  • Investor · Valdosta, GA · Member since 2015 · 187 posts · 112 votes
    11y

    ... Is it safe in here now?

    Lol.. I just wanted to add that I looked up my city's sign regulations, and "bandit signs" are allowed. No permit required. As long as they're max. 4ft height in residential, max. 8ft height in nonresidential and out of public rights of way.

    I figured that though since someone's "We Do Taxes" signs are all still neatly placed where they've been (on EVERY corner) since January.

    Granted, my city's population is only around 55,000.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.