How to approach the broker handiling the property listing

How to approach the broker handiling the property listing

Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 7 votes

Hi,

I want to thank anyone who has a contribution in advance. As a newbie I have found that no matter how much I learn that there is always more to know. And I will admit that I am only up to chapter four of the Ultimate Beginners guide, but I found a deal. 

I found a multifamily rehab deal that is too good to be true. The numbers are great the property has loads of potential and is half occupied. The listing originally said Seller Financing. After a week the ad was updated and that entry removed.

My question - How do I approach the broker that is handling the listing? What do you say to sound like a serious interest and not just a tire kicker? I want to get in on this property before someone quicker and sharper picks it up.

Thanks again to anyone who chooses to comment and have a great day!

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2011 · 132 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    Since you're admitting to being a newbie (and there's nothing wrong with that - we were all there once and may still be there!), I would suggest you post the numbers on the deal in the analysis forum and get feedback as to whether or not it's really that good of deal - you don't have to post the address or even region.  You'll have your numbers (max offer price) and all that come out of the analysis discussions.

    Are you looking to wholesale this deal to someone else, or buy and hold?

    Good luck to you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Hi Amanda,

    Thanks for responding. I do have all the numbers and I will take your advice, it is good advice by the way. I intended to buy and Hold this property. Moving forward I would like to employ the strategy of hold one flip one. 

    I'll get those numbers over to the analysis page - Thanks again!

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2011 · 132 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    Good strategy!  I want to do a flip at some point, but haven't taken the leap yet.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.