Votes
Bradley Hyndman
  • brantford, Ontario
Votes |
buying a investment property in canada.

Bradley Hyndman
  • brantford, Ontario
Posted Sep 24 2014, 08:56

Hey there bigger pockets, I am looking to expand my portfolio sooner rather then later.

I currently right now have a surplus of $18 000, yearly. I am looking to in buying an investment property.

I currently have owned my home for just about 1 year, which we have about 13% equity in.

Now the problem I have is generating the capital for purchasing a second property. I live in Ontario, Canada and you need 20% down on your second property. So now I am not sure about how to get into my second property. So I am wondering if I there is any way to not have 20% down on the second property right now about 60% of that extra income is coming from my day job and the other 40% would be coming from my girlfriend, it is not claimable income. So as I understand it currently you cannot have more the 32% of your paycheck leveraged against. Right now my houses mortgage is 21% of my pay which leaves me 11% to get a second mortgage. Which means 405$ a month towards the second mortgage even though I could realistically could afford a lot more. So I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do.

Am I just compelled to saving up my income for two years until I have enough capitol or is there any other way?

Loading replies...