Do I need a LLC to wholesale, and what is a LLC

Do I need a LLC to wholesale, and what is a LLC

Brick, NJ · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 0 votes

Do I need a LLC to wholesale, and what is a LLC

0Reply
29 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    LLC = Limited Liability Company.

    An LLC is not required to wholesale, but some people choose to form one. If you're concerned about liability and/or asset protection then it may be appropriate for you to form one, but that's a personal decision.

    You can read more about them here: SBA.gov and here NOLO.

  • Brick, NJ · Member since 2014 · 21 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    thanks

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    This is a typical start up question most new investors ask. I've heard on more than one occasion "I need to get incorporated for asset protection" from people who have absolutely no assets.

    Wholesaling is assignment of contracts. You don't need to have a company to assign the contract. All my offers are in my name. Next year, I plan on switching it up a bit and using my IRA to do some wholesaling as well. Just get out there and do deals. Use the income you make to figure out all the rest of the details.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.