Attend Sourcing seminar?

1 Reply

Hi,

There is this Sourcing seminar near me, it sounds good because its a small group  of people only and the mentor told me he will also sit with me to figure out how I can start sourcing deals since I am VERY LOST on how to start with Real Estate. Also he said he will give me the documents he himself uses to source deals.

The cost would be around $470 for a full day course. 

My issue is, is it genuinely going to add value and help me get me started? Or am I better off gathering all the information off biggerpockets, by reading and listening to the podcasts?

Thank you :) 

$470 for a full day course is a reasonable price unless it is simply going to be a selling opportunity for a more expensive coaching group. (this is often the case in the real estate coaching business) However even if it is good information, you simply are not going to learn everything you need in one day. 

Is $470 a lot of money to you? If so you should probably pass. If you wouldn't hesitate to spend that much for a night out on the town then it might be an OK place to start. 

Check out the free ultimate beginners guide here on BP. That is certainly a great place to start. 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

My guess is there is nothing you would learn that you can't learn here on BP but some people do better with in person learning.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.