First Advertising Buys - How did you deal with the jitters?

2 Replies

Hello everyone!

I've been buying retail through the MLS for the past two years, and a few decent lots of land through tax sales. I've built up the nerve and I'm committing to buying car magnets and a 6-round direct mail campaign of building letters on a 1 month to 6 week spacing scheme with a post card at the end.

I've got my questionnaires and a few other systems in place. I know that I can offer a few solutions to problems depending on seller motivation and other factors, and add value to several groups of people in the process.

With that said, how did many of you deal with the anticipation? 

Mike Richter, Richter Real Estate Holdings, LLC

Anticipation?  Meaning you are anxious to meet with the seller?  I remember feeling this way on my first few appointments.  But when people call me to come look at their house and make them an offer, there is really nothing to be anxious about.  I am there to help them solve a problem.  So I just sit back and listen.  And always come from a place of abundance.  "How can I help you, Mr. Seller?"

Thanks for the perspective Rob. I am coming to find a way to solve a problem or somehow add value to them. The first time meeting with a seller outside of the normal MLS/Realtor process is just so exciting because it's something I've yet to do; I'm sure it'll get to feel normal over time, just like with anything else.

Mike Richter, Richter Real Estate Holdings, LLC

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you