Any experienced investors in Pittsburgh?! Looking for advice/help! Just starting out

6 Replies

Just starting out in Pittsburgh, PA. Have about 20K in cash, but not sure where to start. I am looking to get a flip property and hold for about a year while fixing it. Any one willing to take me under their wing or offer any advice? Would be willing to help out with your current properties for free (experience is priceless for me). Thank you :)

Hi Artem! Pittsburgh is fairly general geographically speaking. What area are you in? Thanks!

Hi Jerry! I am in the city limits. Sq Hill, Greenfield, Swissvale, Hazelwood and etc

Welcome to BP!

Are you going to live in the property while you fix it?

Check out everything under the learn tab on here it'll help, I also highly recommend J Scotts flipping book if you want to flip.

I am hosting a free event on the 19th for investors to get together and network, I hope you can make it.

Ian Hoover, Real Estate Agent in PA (#RM423721)
724-492-8312

You should check out one of the REIA groups. Pittsburgh REIA and ACRE are the 2 big ones around. 1st meeting free at either. You'll meet alot of people in the business and learn alot. Good place to meet wholesalers too....

Thanks! I will definitely try to check those out! 

Hey guys, I'm going to jump on this one too and introduce myself. I'm not on the ground in Pittsburgh (I'm in Australia) but my girlfriend's from Pittsburgh so I'm keen to do whatever networking I can via my keyboard so that when I do get over there I don't waste any time. I will be looking for ways to get involved on a relatively small budget so wholesaling appeals to me although I have heard that it's pretty competitive in Pittsburgh. B class fix and flips would be another option. 

To be honest I still don't know the city that well but would probably be looking to work in the Greenfield, Munhall side of town.

Artem - good luck with your journey and I may cross paths with you down the track.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.