New Husband/Wife Team...Where to Start?

1 Reply

Hey everyone!

My wife and I recently decided that real estate is something that we want to pursue together, and our current goal is to flip our first house before the end of the year. We are in our research phase, so we're doing lots of reading, listening to podcasts (that's how I found you guys), looking at real estate online, etc. 

We wanted to give ourselves enough time to properly plan so that we don't fail. I have a few questions and we would be extremely grateful for any guidance and direction that we receive.

1. Is it worth it, at this stage in our real estate careers, to get my real estate license?

2. What is the "best" website for searching for homes that are on the market? Any preferences?

3. Are there any great iOS apps for real estate investment that you guys would recommend? I'm a pretty "techy" guy, so I thought I'd ask.

4. How do we find a good hard money lender? Is this the best route if we don't have any actual "cash" to put into this venture at the moment?

Sorry for all of the questions!

@Jacob Sanders  Well, you HAVE already started (by asking lots of good questions, here)!

Always good to be on the same page as a couple too. If you have good equity in your own home, that should save you from having to find money that is excessively "hard". If you don't have your own home, are you planning to? (Many will recommend starting out by buying a Multi-plex, live in one and rent the rest out).

At this stage I shouldn't think you need to get your Agents License. Your priorities will become clearer with time, THEN you can decide about that.

But, it is never too soon to: SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! Cheers...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you