Hello from Tampa,Fl. I just learned of wholesaling recently and I want to start making offers within the month. Can anyone recommend any title companies in the area that will do simultaneous closings? Also, is there often a real estate attorney at these locations that you can run your contracts by before making offers or will I need to find an attorney separately? Ok.... One last thing for anyone reading this.. Do I just call the title company up, tell them what I'm going to do and go from there...or is there some other "formal" way of going about introducing yourself to the title company you plan on doing business with? Any help is very much appreciated!!! Thanks everyone!!!
You should seriously consider getting on the job training by partnering with a seasoned investor who understands what a deal looks like, acquisition and sale strategies, contracts, surveys, title commitments, etc. The Guru's will tell you this is easy....that's only partially true. It's easy when you have the education, knowledge, expertise and financial / relational capital to make it happen.
You should seriously consider getting on the job training by partnering with a seasoned investor who understands what a deal looks like, acquisition and sale strategies, contracts, surveys, title commitments, etc. The Guru's will tell you this is easy....that's only partially true. It's easy when you have the education, knowledge, expertise and financial / relational capital to make it happen.
Residential Real Estate Broker / Investor · Wheat Ridge, CO · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
11y
Hi @Guy Gimenez,
Thanks for that tip too. I am in the same boat as Angela. Any other tips on the best way to approach real estate investors? I would love to find a mentor in my area (Denver) and have that hands on experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Project Engineer · Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 80 posts · 17 votes
11y
@Gay AcostaI would recommend you attend the local meetup that Anson Young organizes here in Denver. Do a search on BP for "Denver meetup" and you'll find the dates. The next one is March 23rd. Maybe I'll see you there!
Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
11y
Network, network, network, and oh Networking!
The only way to be successful in this business - wholesale, flip, rental, new construction, whatever it is, is to get out and meet people in your town doing deals! Go to REIA's, real estate investor classes and events, drive neighborhoods look for roll offs, talk to contractors on job sites, call real estate agents and title companies. People in real estate are open books, but you have to get in front of them. Tell everyone you meet what you do and what you are looking for.
Homeowner · Tampa, FL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 2 votes
11y
Great tips! I am also located in Tampa, Fl. but more into the rehab aspect of REI. I'm getting closer to closing on my first home. What I have found so far is; sign contract, give home owner a copy, and go to title company solo to see what goes on from there. I could be completely wrong tho.
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
@Gay Acosta to "mention someone you have to type the @ symbol followed by the first 3 letters of their name then at the bottom of the box their (and sometimes other) name will appear. Pick their name and it appears in your post highlighted in blue.
It's good to have a title company for closing and a real estate attorney on deck (pick one BEFORE you run into a legal issue). Talk to a few title companies to a) get some answers and b) find one you like.